Many people bristle at the idea of hiring a lawyer. “If I got hurt and the other person is at fault,” they reason, “why can’t I just tell the judge what happened?” The answer is simple: A lawyer frames your case in the way that makes it most likely for you to receive a fair chance in court or full compensation in an insurance settlement agreement. And since most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis — they do not get paid unless you win monetary compensation — there is no need to be concerned about legal fees.
Some people count on their insurance agents to help them after a serious accident. What is sometimes not understood is that insurance companies are for-profit businesses. It’s in the best interests of the company to pay you as little compensation as possible. So in this case, your insurance company is not your friend.
In addition to empathizing with your situation and standing up for your rights, experienced Alabama personal injury lawyers work hard for you because you are in the case together. If you lose, they do not get paid for their work.
Attorneys offer seriously injured clients many services that are beneficial after an accident. They may:
- Investigate and document your accident
- Compile your medical bills, lost earnings and other expenses
- Research your injuries to determine how your injury will affect your financial future
- Communicate with all involved insurance companies
- Create a settlement letter laying out your case to the insurance company and negotiating full and fair compensation based on all the facts of your case
- If necessary, your attorney files a lawsuit against the those responsible for your injuries
For all these reasons, if you are seriously injured in an accident, do not hesitate to contact an Alabama personal injury law firm quickly.